Prince Andrew says he never had sex with Virginia Giuffre, Barclays chief Jes Staley steps down

You and I have long been pictured together in a grand conspiracy. Andrew Cuomo was accused of allegedly groping a former aid. The former New York governor is accused of inappropriately touching a victim at the governor’s mansion in December 2020.

Prince Andrew, Photo by Titanic Belfast

Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, has asked a New York judge to dismiss a sexual abuse case brought by Virginia Giuffre against him. The Prince said in court documents filed on Friday that he never had sex with the woman, who has yet to be identified because people who say they have been victims of sexual assault can do so anonymously if they choose to come forward, as Giuffre did.

In Britain, Prince Andrew’s lawyer Andrew Brettler called Virginia Giuffre’s civil sexual abuse suit, which received an unreleased sum of money in a 2009 settlement with Jeffrey Epstein, “baseless” and said that it was an attempt to get a cash payoff for an acquaintance of Epstein who denied having sex with one of his clients. In a written submission this week to the judge, Mr. Brettler stated that there had been no agreement to insure Prince Andrew or anyone else against any alleged liability arising from the claims made by Ms. Giuffre against him. He attached to the argument a copy of the 2009 settlement agreement, which he believed would protect his client from legal action. The second son of Queen Elizabeth said he was released from liability as part of a settlement between Epstein and Giuffre.

Over this weekend, Barclays CEO, Jes Staley, stepped down because of his ties to Jeffrey Epstein.



Categories: Crime, News

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

%d bloggers like this: