Scores of Libertarians running for federal, state, and local office have pledged to fight for big tax cuts, complete government financial transparency, ending the Federal Reserve, and other measures that will force politicians to stop wasting and misusing taxpayer funds.
- Federal, state and local Libertarian candidates have pledged to put the government’s checkbook on line.
- Federal Libertarian candidates have pledged to replace government meddling in money with marketplace discipline. This includes ending the Federal Reserve.
- Federal and state Libertarian candidates have pledged to end federal and state income taxes.
- State Libertarian candidates have pledged to end state sales taxes.
- Local Libertarian candidates have pledged to cut property taxes by 25%.
- Federal and state Libertarian candidates have pledged to end the inequity between lucrative government worker pensions and Social Security.
- Federal Libertarian candidates have pledged to allow workers to opt out of Social Security.
“Politicians are notorious for hiding, mishandling, and wasting money,” said Nicholas Sarwark, Chair of the Libertarian National Committee. “This must end before our economy falls off a fiscal cliff.”
“Democratic and Republican politicians, and their special-interest pals are the problem,” he said. “Libertarian candidates are a very different breed. They’re running for office for the benefit of the American people, who desperately need to be able to keep their hard-earned pay, to save it securely for their retirement, and to retain the value of the dollars they save.”